- Datafile Name: Refusals in Mortgage LendingDownload .TXT file
- Datafile Subject: Finance, Consumer, Economics,
- Story names: Refusals in Mortgage Lending,
- Reference: Acorn, Banking on Discrimination: Executive Summary, October, 1991, in Joint Hearings Before the Committee on Banking, Finance, and Urban Affairs, House of Representatives, 102nd Congress, 2nd Session, Serial 102-120, May 7 and May 14, 1992, pp 236-246.
- Authorization: free use
- Description: Acorn is the acronym for Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.
The data presented to the Committee by Acorn concerned refusal rates in mortgage
lending by 20 banks in major cities.
- Number of Cases 20
- Variable Names:
- BANK:Name of bank
- MIN = refusal rate for minority applicants
- WHITE = refusal rate for white applicants
- HIMIN = refusal rate for high income minority applicants
- HIWHITE = refusal rate for high income white applicants